Friday, March 22, 2013

Day One - The Show Down Continues

Yesterday went well, mostly because I was still so pissed at bread that there was no chance I was going to give it the satisfaction of eating it. My success was also buoyed by my amazing husband who made delicious gluten fee brownies the night before. They were my weapon against the Challah Braid that was staring me down.



Just like any good western, the bread staked its territory once warned. Hanging out in the local saloon, staring at me menacingly every time I opened the cupboard door. Daring me to make my move. And like any sheriff trying to tame the wild west, I just ignored the stares and went about my business keeping the peace. There have been no acts of aggression...yet. But, the tension is building. As the picture shows below, I am NOT afraid.



I would call yesterday's eating a success, despite the brownies. No, maybe because of the brownies. No gluten with the exception of some trace amounts in my coconut creamer (see below to see how I feel about giving that up).

It is interesting how I feel, I am just done hearing myself talk about how hard it is to eat in a way that is right for my body. Sick. Of. It. Ready to just do what I gotta do, and if it takes brownies to do it, well then - bring it on bread!

Here is a rundown of my meals yesterday...I'll report on todays success tomorrow! (Teaser: Starbucks tried to poison me!)

Breakfast:
1.5 Scrambled eggs (cooked in coconut oil)
1 Apple
1/2 a package of RAW organic oatmeal with a splash of coconut creamer
1 coffee with more than a splash of coconut creamer (at this point I have decided that somebody will take my coconut creamer from my cold dead hands - I do have a recipe to make my own from coconut milk, but that falls onto the someday maybe category for now).

Lunch:
Green Juice (Spinach, granny smith apple, ginger, and a wedge of lemon)
2 eggs
3 brownies (Don't judge!!! They were gluten free and relatively little)

Dinner:
1 bowl of Hungarian Goulash (Beef stew meat, peppers, tomato, potato, carrots, onion, and lots of paprika)
HUGE brownie and small glass of coconut milk (Again, don't judge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment