Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 11....Rebirth




Rebirth. That is what Easter is about right? I mean at it's core? So what better time to start anew, create new habits and gain a new perspective? What better time for Easter than Spring? A time to start over. A time for growth. 

At least that's what I've told myself. But, just like the Spring this year, my rebirth seems to be moving in fits and starts. The ice and gloom is melting very slowly. A day of sun and warmth, five days of clouds and snow...I know the color and warmth will come back, it's just that my patience is waning to a dangerously low level. 

Doesn't Spring know I'm waiting?!?! 

And doesn't my body know I'm waiting for it to catch up to the changes I have made?!?!

I'm tired of being exhausted. I'm tired of wearing a coat everywhere. I am so very bored with the gray and brown landscape in my view and my mind. Waiting is hard. But, life is hard sometimes isn't it? The struggles give shape and depth to our triumphs.

I crave color. I crave the sun. I crave the energy that comes along with the smell of fresh air. I crave rebirth of nature and myself. Maybe that's what this blog is all about. Allowing the old, dead branches that I no longer need fall away into the melting snow, so that new ones can grow. Putting one foot in front of the other and moving in the direction of my faith. Trusting that just like the Spring, my health will come too. 

Patience and faith. I can do that for a little longer...right? 

My Easter eating....no gluten, but too much sugar. I am hoping to make a dramatic decrease in sugar over the coming weak. I'm thinking sugar is a branch (or crutch) I may no longer need.


Breakfast:
1 Boiled egg
2 pieces of GF french toast with maple syrup
Apple
1 Coffee with cream

Lunch:
Roasted chicken and veggies

Dinner:
On the Border
3 GF mini chicken tacos
Tortilla chips

Snacks:
Easter candy! Not sure how much, lost count after the second Reece's egg. Let's just say that I had enough.
Movie Popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment