Saturday, April 6, 2013

Days 14 and 15....Oh Energy, Where Art Though?



The last two days have proved to be a challenge. My energy reserves are just so very low. I can't figure out if it's just that I am super busy and not getting enough sleep or if there is something wrong...e.g. fighting off an infection, monthly cycle, or if my condition is worsening. Either way, something has got to give soon. I don't want to feel like I must force my way through the day anymore. At the very least I would like the energy to make it through without feeling like I am walking through mud, having some pep left over would be a bonus and gratefully recieved!

To wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead feels like a pipe dream at this point. It's been 2 full weeks of no gluten and my energy levels are not really changing....very disheartening.

But, as I look over my diet in the last two weeks, there has been lots of sugar and very few vegetables. I am going to start juicing again. Yup, you heard it here first folks...I'm gonna whip out the juicer.

Here is my commitment to myself. I'm counting on you to hold me accountable.

Less sugar, I'm unwilling to go cold turkey on this, but I can commit to less. One glass of fresh green juice most days with lunch or as an afternoon snack. Starting right now. No excuses, just actions. I need to take control of whatever I can....who controls what I eat?!?! I do dammit! I have decided to become friends with the vegetables in my fridge. BFF's. Yup.

Also, I will begin to add 3-4 workouts into my week and will report them here. Let's see if all this "health" stuff really works. I'm pretty skeptical and so is my couch, (and I won't even talk about how insecure the Coping Cake is right now).

Hypothesis:  Fresh Green Juice + Exercise x3 - Sugar = More Energy

*Note: I am still feeling quite possessive of my coffee creamer, but I am willing to reduce my use only to coffee.

I will check in with my energy levels on day twenty-eight to see if there is any significant changes. Send a prayer to the energy Gods for me, or to THEE God for more energy, whichever works for you. I can use all the help I can get.

Wednesday 4/3/13
Exercise: None, unless shopping at the mall counts...

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with creamer
1 Fried egg (in coconut oil)
1/2 of banana
1 Coffee with cream

Lunch:
Egg Salad Sammy
Apple
Coping cake

Dinner:
(In this order...)
Pineapple, orange coconut smoothie
Coping cake
Egg salad sammy
Grapes

Thursday 4/4/13
Exercise: 

Breakfast:
Oatmeal
1 Boiled egg
1 Coffee with cream

Lunch:
Coping cake (it's gone now and now I am done, no more coping cake unless there is an emergency)
Egg salad sammy

Snack:
Green juice - 2 handfuls of Baby greens, 1 inch of ginger (peeled and sliced), 2 granny smith apples, 1 wedge of lemon, and water

Dinner:
Turkey Sammy 5 cashew clusters Popcorn
Snack:

No comments:

Post a Comment